Packaging AssistantBuy Now
Role: Packaging Assistant
Location: Stirchley, Birmingham, UK
Salary: From £23,000 depending on experience
Starting: 31st July 2023
Attic Brew Co. is a craft brewery in Birmingham, UK, with a passion for good quality, interesting yet approachable beers.
Born from a desire to see locally brewed beer become more readily available to the people of Birmingham, Attic Brew Co. was started to help Brum establish itself as a city of great beer.
We're best known for our hop-forward pale ales and New England-style IPAs, but we're passionate about brewing a wide range of styles to make sure everyone has a chance to enjoy our beer. We're increasingly interested in lager production and have always had a soft spot for classic Belgian styles.
Our production has grown by more than ten times since opening, and with that our production team has grown too. Now operating a fully automated 30HL brewhouse, the team is brewing thousands of litres of beer every week.
We have recently expanded from our flagship taproom in Stirchley, opening a Barrel Store Bar in The Jewellery Quarter. We are working towards becoming a Birmingham institution and more details about our story, team, culture and accolades can be found on our website: https://atticbrewco.com
- SIBA Award Winners 2023 - Gold - for Intuition & Signals
- SIBA Award Winners 2023 - Gold - for Keg Session Pale
- SIBA Award Winners 2023 - Gold - for Signals Keg IPA
- LBC Award Winners 2023 - Gold - Best Beer & Best Beer by Packaging
- The National Pub & Bar Awards 2023 - County Winner - Best Pub & Bar in the West Midlands (for the 3rd year running!)
About the Role:
Attic Brew Co. is expanding and we are recruiting for a collaborative, diligent and supportive Packaging Assistant. Reporting to both the Brewery & Packaging Lead and Head Brewer the successful applicant will join our vibrant, ambitious and accomplished production team and will help us in our quest to produce the best beer we possibly can.
This is an entry level role and is open to anyone with the right attitude regardless of experience. The person we are looking for will be enthusiastic and conscientious with a can-do attitude for all work undertaken, while helping the production team achieve their goals. All the while achieving excellence in hygiene and safety.
This is a full-time role (40h per week), working Monday to Friday on a rotating shift pattern (occasional weekend work may be needed on an exceptional basis)
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist packaging lead and wider brewery team
- Canning assistance and canning line operation
- Cask racking
- Keg washing and cask sanitation
- Tank cleaning and CIP
- Raw material intake, preparation and evaluation
- Stock control and monitoring
- Brewhouse and cellar CIPs
- Thorough data recording and record keeping
- Cellar work: including dry hopping, yeast harvesting, tank purging and transfers
- Quality management System control and regulation with SALSA and HACCP paperwork
- Inspecting products to ensure they meet quality standards
- Packaging products according to customer specifications
- Labeling and organizing packaged products
- Operating packaging machinery and equipment
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area
Essential experience, skills and qualifications:
- Strong time management
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively on their own or in a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
Desirable experience and skills:
- Technical engineering and maintenance skills
- Driving license
- Forklift certified
What Are We Offering?
- An opportunity to join a dynamic, inclusive and expanding company with big ambitions
- 28-days holiday per year. After 2-years service this will increase by 1-day per year, up to a maximum of 33-days (total)
- BrightHR & BrightSafe Apps offering employee assistance programmes and training
- 40% staff discount (for webshop and taprooms)
- Monthly staff social (with free beer and food)
- Free beer fridge
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Weekly breakfast sandwiches
To make forward thinking beer we need a forward thinking team. We embrace diversity and opportunities are open to all races, cultures, genders, religions and sexualities.
If you would like the chance to join our team please apply by emailing your cover letter and CV to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pizzaiolo ChefApply Here
We are currently seeking a Pizzaiolo Chef to join our team!
L’Arco is a brand new and unique pizzeria based in the Jewellery Quarter, and we’re looking for a talented Pizzaiolo Chef to lead the kitchen. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business at an exciting time. Based at Attic Brew Co’s new venue, The Barrel Store, the Pizza will look to complement the wide offering of beer, spirits, wine and cocktails. Ideally the successful candidate would have a minimum of 6 months of experience in Neapolitan Pizza, and a level 3 Food Hygiene certificate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete company recipe specifications
- Prepare pizza dough, fresh toppings & any other menu items that are cooked in the oven
- Execute customers’ orders considering special requests
- Liaise with the bar & kitchen staff to ensure the kitchen and service run smoothly
- Control stock levels & wastage to ensure the best gross profit margins are achieved.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Dough production
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of the kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow standard recipes and steps
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- This position requires physical demands and working conditions that are outside the normal day time hours of the employee.
Attic Brew Co. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £24,024.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Water Street, B3 1HL: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How much experience do you have with making Neapolitan style pizza?
- Chef: 1 year (preferred)
- Kitchen experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Hygiene & Safety level 3 certificate? (required)
Work Location: In person