Code Of Conduct
The Code of Conduct outlined in this employee handbook apply to all buildings (Brewhouse and Taproom), grounds, and parking areas used by Attic Brew Co. to conduct business. The expectations also apply to all employees, customers, vendors, and anyone else who engages with Attic Brew Co. on a regular basis, both on and off work time.
The Code of Conduct also covers Attic Brew Co. employees when they are representing the business at events off site.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of race, colour, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, neuro(a)typicality, veteran status, physical appearance, or marital status. We do not tolerate harassment of employees, customers, or vendors in any form.
Attic Brew Co. is firmly committed to providing and promoting equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We are firmly committed to maintaining a workplace based on our collective values, which stress the quality of our products, the importance of teamwork, and the need for all employees to treat each other professionally, with dignity, fairness, and respect. It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure that the concepts of equal employment opportunity, non-harassment, and non-discrimination are understood, abided by, and carried out by everyone.
Attic Brew Co.’s policies set a standard of conduct above what may be required by national, or local laws. Attic Brew Co. forbids discriminatory and harassing conduct even if the conduct doesn’t violate the law. Because of this, any employee who engages in this type of behavior will be subject to corrective action, up to and including termination.
All employees, regardless of their positions, are covered by and are expected to comply with this policy and to take appropriate measures to ensure that prohibited conduct doesn’t occur.
Managers and supervisors who knowingly allow or tolerate discrimination, harassment, or retaliation, or who fail to report misconduct to the Owner will be subject to corrective action.
It is a violation of Attic Brew Co.’s policy to discriminate when providing employment opportunities, benefits or privileges; to create discriminatory work conditions; or to use discriminatory evaluations in employment if the basis of the evaluation is in whole or in part, based on the person’s race, colour, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, neuro(a)typicality, veteran status, physical appearance, or marital status.
Discrimination in violation of this policy will be subject to corrective action measures up to and including termination.
Attic Brew Co. prohibits harassment of any kind, including sexual harassment, and will take appropriate and immediate action in response to complaints or knowledge of violations of this policy. For the purpose of this policy, harassment is defined as any verbal or physical conduct designed to threaten, intimidate or coerce an employee, co-worker, or any person working for or on behalf of or visiting Attic Brew Co.
The following examples of harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive comments related to race, colour, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, neuro(a)typicality, genetic information including family history, physical appearance, or marital status
- Belittling or subtle expressions of bias
- Distribution, display, or discussion of any sexually graphic material
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of a discussion
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Unwelcome sexual attention including suggestive or insulting sounds, leering, staring, whistling, obscene gestures, and content in written communication such as emails, text messages, images, tweets, and internet postings
- Unwelcome and unwanted physical contact, including touching of any kind, brushing up against, hugging, cornering, and kissing
- Simulated physical contact (ex: descriptions in text such as **hug** without consent or after a request to stop
- Deliberate misgendering or use of “dead” or rejected names
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Violations of Code of Conduct
If you are approached as having (consciously or otherwise) acted in a way that might have made someone feel unwelcome, listen with an open mind and avoid becoming defensive. Remember that if someone offers you feedback, it likely took a great deal of courage for them to do so. The best way to respect that courage is to acknowledge your mistake, apologise, and move on — with a renewed commitment to do better.
That said, repeated or severe violations of this code can and will be addressed by our leadership, and can lead to disciplinary actions, including termination.
We have zero tolerance for retaliation against anyone who:
- Files a good-faith complaint of discrimination or harassment
- Acts as a witness in the investigation of a complaint
- Serves as an investigator of a complaint
Filing a good-faith complaint will in no way be used against the employee or have an adverse impact on the employee’s employment status. However, filing groundless or malicious complaints is an abuse of this policy and will be treated as a violation.
If you are being harassed, discriminated against, or retaliated against we want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment seriously and will respond as promptly as we can.
Complaints can be shared with the Owners or any member of the leadership team.
You can also use our anonymous reporting system (link) to make a complaint. The reports filed there are reviewed by a member of the leadership team and investigated as appropriate.
Got a recipe you want scaling up? Need a hand with extra brewing capacity? We can offer contract brewing for beers with a minimum run of 1600L for single packaging format or 3000L for multi packaging formats. We offer packaging in cask, keg or can (both 330ml and 440ml). We have a state of the art 30HL brewhouse and are SALSA accredited so you can rest assured your beer will be in good hands.
Do you want your own branded craft beer? We can assist to white label your own kegs, cask or cans, perfect for events, corporate gifts and business promotion.
Minimum volumes below;
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and quotes